Kevin Strachan is a corporate, M&A, and securities lawyer for financial institutions. Mr. Strachan regularly advises both public and private financial institutions on both buy- and sell-side M&A transactions, recapitalizations, and other capital raising transactions, as well as private placements of debt and equity by financial institutions. In addition, Mr. Strachan routinely advises investors making debt or equity investments in financial institutions.
Prior to attending law school, Mr. Strachan worked as an auditor with a national public accounting firm. He is a certified public accountant licensed in Virginia.
- Representing public bank holding companies in acquisitions of both public and private financial institutions
- Ongoing SEC reporting for public bank holding companies
- Representing private financial institutions on both the buy- and sell-side of M&A transactions
- Representing individual and private equity investors purchasing subordinated debt, senior debt, and equity in public and private financial institutions
- Representing public bank holding companies in selling to other public bank holding companies
- Representing private banks and bank holding companies in capital raising transactions, including recapitalizations
- Advising investment banks in M&A and capital raises, including issuances of fairness opinions and as underwriter’s counsel
- Securities & Corporate Governance
- Corporate Finance
Mr. Strachan has been a speaker at various industry conferences, including for state trade associations in Georgia and Missouri. Mr. Strachan has also facilitated merger and acquisition simulations in order to help bankers better understand the M&A process.
- J.D., University of Georgia, cum laude, 2010
- B.S., Washington and Lee University, 2002
- Associate member of various state and national banking trade associations
- Licensed Attorney in Georgia
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in Virginia