Douglas M. Weissinger
Mr. Weissinger’s practice focuses on financial institutions, with particular emphasis on mergers and acquisitions, securities law and regulatory compliance. In particular, Mr. Weissinger advises his financial institution clients on matters related to the acquisition or sale of existing financial institutions, and the acquisition, sale, establishment and relocation of branch offices. Mr. Weissinger advises financial institutions regarding regulatory compliance matters involving the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, the Federal Reserve Board, the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, and other state regulatory agencies.
- Represented several public and private banks and bank holding companies in M&A transactions since joining FKHF in 2013, including whole bank and branch acquisitions.
- Advised numerous clients on all aspects of examination issues and negotiating regulatory enforcement actions with bank regulatory agencies.
- Member, Austin Bar Association
- Member, Financial Institutions Section of the Austin Bar Association
- Independent Bankers Association of Texas
- Texas Bankers Association
- Mississippi Bankers Association
- J.D., University of Texas School of Law, 2012
- B.A., Washington & Lee University, cum laude, 2006
- Licensed to practice: Mississippi and Texas